At the end of this post, you will find why email marketing is yet so effective or will stay efficient in the future. As we are moving towards a more digital and connected world with Artificial intelligence augmented reality and powerful smartphones at our disposal who are capable of almost everything.
This raises a question in today’s marketer Mind or in startups. Is email marketing still serviceable? or it will do the job in my industry or company culture?
I would say YES.
Because, according to the Direct Marketing Association, the effectiveness of email marketing in comparison to various types of marketing is way more. An email came out way on top with a return on investment of around 41 to 1.
Data analytics firm Custora published results of their 4-year study into online buying patterns of over 72 million customers across 14 different industries, which shows over 40 times as many purchases came from links in emails than from Facebook or Twitter ( biggest social networking sites) that’s why when it’s time to get down to business, the chances are you’ll use email.
Myths About Email Marketing
People believe email marketing means SPAM, Totally a Myth- There are more than 4.3 billion email accounts today — these are significant people using email. No other marketing channel has been adopted as universally.
Email is an old school, but this not correct in any aspect because 95% of online consumers use email and 91% report that they check their email at least once a day. If people are checking their email daily, it’s probably still a viable marketing channel, right?
Seven Reasons Why You Should Start Email Marketing Now According To Your Needs
- The first is simply that everyone uses email, there are about 3.9 billion email accounts worldwide with around 25% being corporate accounts. And we send 182.9 billion emails per day3 (to put that in perspective, there are roughly 2.7 billion “likes” given on Facebook daily) with 100.5 billion of those emails being business related.
2. The second reason email marketing is so effective because email is personal and emails are different from other channels. They sit in your inbox next to messages from your friends, relatives, colleagues, and clients. Receiving an email in your own personal inbox makes it, feels like it’s been created just for you. Especially if the email is skillfully written in the same style as the emails, you get from friends and colleagues.
3. Email is a channel that you own. While Google and Facebook can change the way, the index search results and display content, you’ll always have a 1:1 relationship to the people that open your emails.
4. We still use email because it’s an ROI of 4300%. On behalf of every $1 you email gets $43 of returns.
5. Email marketing is scalable — Email marketing allows you to follow up at scale and keep in touch with thousands, tens of thousands or even hundreds of thousands of potential customers
6. Email is growing, according to the Direct-Marketing Association, 76% of marketers say they use e-mail more than they did three years ago
7. 77% of consumers prefer emails for marketing communications. Take advantage of that by connecting with people where they want to be reached.
8. While Everyone is utilizing the power of smartphones because 53% email opened on Smartphones. It’s also a cost-effective way to delight your customers. You can strengthen relationships, upsell new products, and reduce to churn — meaning. Customers are less likely to stop using your products or services.
Well-liked Email Client: The leading 10 most liked email clients of 2016
Apple Mail, 7%
Yahoo! Mail, 2%
Windows Mail, 1%
Windows Live Mail, 1%.
The golden rule: Emails should add value, not ask for it.